Sunday, November 17, 2013

Real Life Mass Exorcism

     Well readers, as you may have realized I'm one for equal treatment (for both the living and dead!), and am proud to say another state will be signing into law granting same-sex marriage. Way to go Illinois!
     This, of course, brings out the loons and nut jobs from the religious sector. Queue Bishop Thomas Paprocki to ring the loon bell. According to the Bishop, who plans to hold a mass exorcism for the state on November 20th, he plans to hold an exorcism as the bill is signed into law, in order to battle the sin against the Catholic church.
     Not a practicing Catholic myself, I had to actually look this up after I stopped laughing and indeed did find out as of 2010 one can perform exorcisms on events that oppose the Catholic church. How this works, I'm not certain... I think it just makes them look a tad silly.
Crazy priest approves of this exercise... we must rid the political world of demons!

     The above image is not of the bishop, just of another crazy priest I found, but then again I find them all a little crazy. 
     Not that I'm the most sane person in the world.
     I may not believe in demons, but I seriously doubt a mass exorcism over a vague political landscape would have any effect on anything... from what I understand the recipient of the exorcism must be somewhat willing to have this ritual performed on them.
     So what if just one person in Illinois resists the exorcism? Does that mean it's fruitless? If so, then I would assume this attempt at saving the state's soul is in serious danger, as I know of at least one atheist in Illinois.
     And what if the exorcism rights of one bishop doesn't provide enough juice to cover the whole state? This is a small state, I'll give you that, but this is a wide area of effect we're talking about here. Does one Bishop pack enough Jesus-Juice to hit that wide an area?
     So we have a bunch of homosexuals who can now get married, legislators that led to this "corruption," and voters who are complicit in getting these official elected.
     That's a lot of souls to cleanse of the devils influence in one go. You know, come to think of it... I wonder how many of those people are non-Christian? Can you even perform an exorcism on a non-Christian? At least while using a Christian ritual?
     I don't know, but we'll find out the 20th!

No comments:

Post a Comment