Sunday, November 17, 2013

Real World Horror: A Meat Market by Any Other Name...

     As with every Sunday, I venture forth from my safe sepulcher into the wide open world with my father. I sit here now, numbing the pain of being around crowds through cheap liquor, slowly easing the stress of being around the unwashed masses from my tensed muscles.
     One thing that I do, whenever I venture forth, is of course watch those around me. Sitting in a book store at a popular coffee shop sipping my normal coffee whilst my father reads his magazines, I get to see the various heathens wander about and chat.
     As I sipped my coffee, I got to listen to one such conversation to my right, where a tattooed girl sat with her friend, reading a book on, of all things, astrology.
     "I just don't know if I can go out with him if he's a Taurus..." Tattoo says as she sips her caramel coated whipped cream drink, "that just doesn't mesh with my own star sign, you know?" 

A great way to determine your day to day life!

     I merely rolled my eyes at this and got up to fetch a magazine on writing, which I couldn't find. As I returned to my seat without a new source of reading material, I got to listen to a tirade of epic proportions about what she needs from her potential lover, someone who's aura must match hers.
    Luckily this was around the time that my father decided it was time to go and run an errand. I pressed him for us to hurry as I could hardly put up with the vapid beliefs of the new age hippie woman of the coffee shop.
     I must say, that while I am a skeptic in most regards, I am well aware there are questions that I have no answer for. Where did the world come from? How did life start? These are questions that I think we don't even need answers for, as they will not have a truly profound effect on how we live.
     Or so I believe.

     Sweet Dreams

No comments:

Post a Comment